James Allan and Mary Strickland Gilbert
James Allan was born 1780-1790 in England. His Will was proved and recorded 27 Feb. 1843, Habersham
Co., Ga. About 1804 he married Mary Strickland Gilbert, widow of John Gilbert, R. S. and daughter of
Jacob Strickland and Priscilla Taylor. She was born 17 Oct. 1773 in Gilford County, North Carolina and
died 01 Jan. 1815 in Franklin Co., Georgia.
1. John M. Allan was born about 1805; Franklin Co., Ga. and died ___. He married Martha Mackie (McKie)
23 Oct. 1832, Franklin Co., Ga. She was born 5 Jan. 1809 and died ___. She is the daughter of Samuel
Mackie and Mary Clark.
2. David Allan was born 06 June 1809, Franklin Co., Ga. and died Oct. 1874, Cane Springs, Cass Township,
Green Co., Missouri. He married Amelia Terrell, 26 Dec. 1830, Hall Co., Ga. She was born 18 Jan. 1813,
Hall Co., Ga. and died 1897, Cane Springs, Cass Township, Green Co., Missouri. She is the daughter of
Henry Terrell (?) and (?)______.
3. Harriett Allan was born 24 Aug. 1811, Franklin Co., Ga. She died 12 Sept. 1895 Banks Co., Ga. and is
buried at Hardy “Devil” Sr. Strickland Cemetery, Maysville, Banks Co., Ga. She married Madison
Strickland 13 Nov. 1834, Habersham Co., Ga. He was born 25 Sept. 1812, Franklin Co., Ga. and died 12
Sept. 1895, Banks Co., Ga. and is buried at Hardy “Devil” Sr. Strickland Cemetery, Maysville, Banks Co.,
Ga. He is the son of Hardy “Devil” Sr. Strickland and Priscilla Ann Strickland.
4. Thomas Knight Allan was born 1813 Franklin Co., Ga. and died _______, Banks Co., Ga. He married
Harriett Gilbert 20 March 1838, Joseph Baxter J. P., in Gwinnett Co., Ga. She was born 7 March 1822
Gwinnett Co., Ga. and died 02 July 1861 Banks Co., Ga. She is the daughter of Isaac Gilbert and Mary
James Allan and Hannah Terrell
James Allan married Hannah Terrell, daughter of Simon Terrell and Sarah Thompson. They married between 01 Jan. 1815 the day Mary Allan died and 06 Sept. 1816 the day James and Hannah Allan sold property as husband and wife. Hannah was born between 1790 and 1800 and her Last Will and Testament was proved and recorded 12 October 1847. All of James and Hannah’s children were born in Allandale. James and Hannah Terrell Allan are buried in Allandale, Franklin/Hall/Habersham/now Banks Co., Ga.
1. William Terrell Allan was born 1815-1818. His Will was signed 22 March 1845, proved and recorded 05
May 1845. He was born and is buried at Allandale, Banks Co., Ga. William Terrell Allan never married.
2. Thompson Allan was born 20 Sept. 1819 and died 17 Sept. 1875 at Allandale, Banks Co., Ga. Thompson
married Mary Wyatt Charlton, 22 June 1843, Habersham Co., Ga. Mary was born 10 Feb. 1826
Washington, Wilkes Co., Ga. and died 08 Feb. 1912 Banks Co., Ga. Mary is the daughter of John K.M.
Charlton and Cordelia Reviere Charlton. Thompson and Mary are buried in Allandale.
3. Robert Allan was born 1823 < > Allandale, Habersham/Banks Co., Ga. He died in the Civil War of fever at
Manassas, Va. on 14 Oct. 1861. Robert was brought home and buried in Allandale, Habersham/Banks,
Co., Ga. Robert married Elizabeth Jane Strange on 15 Sept. 1850, Habersham, Co., Ga.
4. Sarah Elizabeth Allan was born 1828 < > Allandale, Habersham/Banks Co., Ga. She married Dr. Richard
M. Parks, O9 Sept. 1845, Habersham Co., Ga. Dr. Parks was born 1825 North Carolina and is the son of
John P. Parks (Lawyer) and Sarah Dalton Woolfork.
5. Henry Allan was born 1829 < >, Allandale, Habersham/Banks Co., Ga. Henry died 1862 shortly after
discharge from Confederacy and is buried in Allandale, Habersham/Banks Co., Ga. Henry never married.
6. Elizabeth Isabelle Allan born 1834 < >, Allandale, Habersham/Banks Co., Ga.
7. Emily C. Allan was born 1825 < >, Allandale, Habersham/Banks Co., Ga. She married Isaac M. Young
(Lawyer) 1856, Gwinnett Co., Ga.
Melba J. Jones, 2008